Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thank heaven for the Fast Forward

I think Alias was the first TV show that intrigued me enough to want to know where it was going plotwise, but wasn't enjoyable enough to actually watch it. Thanks to the fast forward function on my VCR, I could watch every episode, and not have to put up with all of the inane dialogue. So, I could just slow down when Jennifer Garner, or Mia Maestro, or Lena Olin, or Melissa George, or Rachel Nichols, or Amy Acker, or Sarah Shahi, or Gina Torres, or Sonia Braga, or Isabella Rossellini did something that I wanted to see.
Having established the protocol, I now find that there are more shows that I'm interested in keeping tabs on, but don't enjoy actually watching. These include Heroes (After first seeing her on Ally McBeal, Hayden Panettiere is someone I'll watch in anything.), Chuck (After an enjoyable first season, the show doesn't feel like it's going anywhere.), Lost (I find this show really annoying, but I want to know if the writers actually do have a point to all this.), 24 (I'm interested in the plotting for this show, no matter how absurd the scripting gets.), Big Love (After Veronica Mars, I'll watch Amanda Seyfried in anything - and Jeanne Tripplehorn, Chloe Sevigny and Ginnifer Goodwin are fun, too.) and Trust Me (I'm happy to see Sarah Clarke and Monica Potter getting regular work.).

1 comment:

  1. That's why I love my tivo's....can speed through what I don't wanna see.... especially commercials.

    ReplyDelete