Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Uncut ATOM AGE VAMPIRE?


While browsing the racks at Amoeba Music Hollywood, I came across a set of new DVDs called "Johhny Legend presents The Vampire Chronicles". Most of the discs are new editions of public domain titles that just about every PD company has already issued. However, one disc promised something different: ATOM AGE VAMPIRE - "'Our version restores the film to it's original 86 minute running time.' 87mins/B&W/1960/1.85:1" Well, I have a copy of the original Italian version of this movie, but it's only in Italian. This sounded like someone took the U.S. and the Italian versions and edited them together. For a discounted price of $7.99, I thought this would be worth a look. Playing the disc, I was dismayed to find COUNT DRACULA AND HIS VAMPIRE BRIDE. Going back to the disc menu, I found it said "Volume 3 COUNT DRACULA AND HIS VAMPIRE BRIDE." Looking at the DVD cover, I found it said "Volume 3 THE LAST MAN ON EARTH & ATOM AGE VAMPIRE". Huh?
Well, it's back to Amoeba for me to see if I can get satisfaction.

2 comments:

  1. I never did trust Johnny Legend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got a copy of this DVD release with THE LAST MAN ON EARTH and ATOM AGE VAMPIRE on the disc. ATOM AGE VAMPIRE is the same version which used to play on TNT. It is not an English language copy of the original Italian version.

    ReplyDelete