Sunday, August 2, 2009

Eli reports for work.

From: THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND ME In My Anecdotage
by Eli Wallach

The following month, I was met at the airport in Rome and driven to Leone's office. He greeted me warmly. "You'll grow a little beard," he said. As I showed him the outfit that Hathaway selected for me, I noticed that he was wearing a pair of suspenders and a belt. "That's an interesting way to hold up one's pants," I thought. The first thing that popped out of my mouth was, "Do you mind if I wear suspenders and a belt?" Leone smiled as his assistant explained my request to him. He snapped his suspenders and grinned.
"Oui, certo, of course," Leone said. The last two words surprised me.~"I learn a little English every day," he said, and over the course of filming, I would learn that he knew a lot more English than he let on at first.

No comments:

Post a Comment